C is for: Curry Up Now {Restaurant Review}


I know I'm a little late to the food truck party, but I'm totally on board with this delicious phenomenon. For those of you who don't live in San Francisco, gourmet food trucks are all the rage here. When they're not parking in their regular spots at lunchtime, they're gathering at various Off the Grid events, where you can sample all of the fares in one convenient location. Here's a great article on them from the New York Times.

 
Today, I met my friend Tara for lunch, and since she works in the Financial District, we decided to check out one of the most popular food trucks, Curry Up Now, which specializes in Indian Street Food. The key with food trucks is preparing the food in convenient, on-the-go style options. The folks at Curry Up Now solved this by putting traditional Indian dishes in a tortilla and wrapping them up into a delicious burrito. We both got the Chicken Tikka Masala (with organic chicken breast from Fulton Valley Farms), and I also got a thick Mango Lassi to help wash it down and calm the spiciness of the burrito. (And yes, it really was that bright).

My combo also came with a Samosa, which was equally tasty. However, for some reason, I thought this meant their famous "deconstructed samosa," which is basically an inside-out version. I will definitely be trying that next time!


P.S. This photo doesn't do it justice, but Tara's burrito (the top one) was WAY bigger than mine. It was an obscene amount of food, and she couldn't come close to finishing. I don't even know how I managed to finish mine but I did. Eight hours later...I'm still full.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,