H is for: Hulled Strawberries {Strawberry Cheesecake Jello Shots}

Strawberry season makes me very happy.

It transports me back to a time when I was wandering through my Grandma Joyce's strawberry patch...plucking the ripe berries and probably eating just as many as I collected in the basket.

These days, I get them in my CSA bag instead of the garden. And while I still love them plain as a snack, I also love them in a boozy bite perfect for those Memorial Day BBQ's.

I first saw a version of this idea on That's So Michelle via Baker's Royale in the form of strawberry margarita shots. I loved the idea of using hulled strawberries as an edible vessel for a jello shot but I wanted to do my own version. As I was brainstorming with the lovely ladies at Brit & Co., we came up with the idea of strawberry cheesecake!



This isn't the first time I've stuffed strawberries with spiked cream cheese, but these are a little stronger than my Amaretto Chocolate Covered Strawberries. For these, I used strawberry jello, cream cheese, vodka and a graham cracker "crust." WOW. These might be my favorite jello shot concoction yet (and that's saying a lot!) While I love my citrus peel shots, these really step it up a notch as you can actually pop the entire thing in your mouth.

So what are you waiting for? Click here to head over to Brit & Co. to get the step by step instructions and make them this weekend for your Memorial Day BBQ's!

{UPDATE} Brit and I also collaborated to make a helpful video demonstrating how to make these adorable jello shots. Check it out!




Strawberry Cheesecake Jello Shots

by Jaymee Sire
Keywords: jello shot dessert cocktail jello strawberry cream cheese graham crackers

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Carefully hull each strawberry using a strawberry huller, paring knife or grapefruit spoon. Shave off the bottom of each strawberry with a knife so that they will stand upright. (Be careful not to cut off too much or your strawberries will leak!) Place strawberries upright in a small pan.
  2. In a small saucepan, heat water and add jello. Stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and whisk until well combined. (To make it even smoother, you could use an electric hand mixer). Add chilled vodka and stir.
  3. Pour or spoon a little of the jello mixture into hollowed-out strawberries. (You will likely have plenty of leftover jello). Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
  4. When ready to serve, dip each strawberry in crushed graham crackers and place on a platter.
Powered by Recipage

Labels: , , , , , ,