M is for: 'Merican Flag Fruit Kebab for 4th of July


OK, so I know the title of this post is really pushing the limits as far as my alphabet theme goes, but it had to be done. When Brit.co asked me to come up with a 4th of July-themed food item for the website, naturally my mind went to red, white and blue. I also needed something easy since I'm in the midst of working 9 days in a row. I remembered the red, white and blue fruit salad my mom likes to make in the summers, and for some reason fruit kebabs popped into my head.

It turned out exactly as I had envisioned! I used strawberries and peeled apples for the red and white stripes, and threaded them onto cocktail toothpicks. (Though you could also use raspberries and/or bananas). For the stars, I did blueberries strategically placed in a square bowl of a lime honey yogurt dip that took all of 30 seconds to make. Isn't this just the cutest? It will be the easiest thing you make this 4th of July and it's sure to be the most eye-catching at the table.

To get the recipe for these broad stripes and bright stars, click here to visit Brit.co. Happy July 4th everyone!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,