O is for: OK...it's time. {plus, a chance at $1,000 in pampering}



OKAY.

I've been saying it for weeks...or maybe months. But I swear, I'm finally going to do it. And I'm going to lean on my faithful blog readers to hold me to my word.

I need to drop a few pounds.

There. I said it.

Yes, I realize that most of you will immediately chime in with: "Are you kidding me? You're tiny." Yes, I'm only 5'4" (on a good day). And yes, I carry my weight pretty well. But believe me, it's time. You know why I know it's time? I was running errands last week, sporting my oldest, most comfy pair of skinny jeans. As I was getting out of my car to fill it up with gas, I heard a terrifying sound. The sound of my jeans splitting. I blacked out from embarrassment for a second, but I'm fairly certain I let out a "NOOOOOOOOOO" when I discovered the gaping hole. Yes, they were old but I know exactly why they ripped. They were definitely tight, as are most of my clothes these days. And when your job involves appearing on national TV everyday, fitting into your clothes is pretty darn important.


I believe the main culprit to be this:


Alcohol. Generally it's sparkling wine as opposed to liters of German beer, but I felt this photo was more dramatic. First order of business is to cut this completely during my work week, for now at least, and have it in moderation on the weekends. Not sure I can give up the Irish cream in my coffee on my days off, but I'm going to try. I've also joined a gym and started going to a personal trainer. Of course, the personal training will only help if I actually make it to the gym on my own (so far, that's been a bit of a challenge), but again, this is all a work in progress, and I encourage you guys to hold me accountable!


In general, I eat pretty healthily. My go-to breakfast generally involves sauteed kale, chicken apple sausage or turkey bacon and an egg (runny yolk and all). I douse it with hot sauce and wash it down with coffee that has been sweetened with liquid sweetner and *sometimes* a little half and half. My trainer told me to remember the rule of thirds for meals: a third protein, a third leafy green veggies, and a third of complex carbs (so sometimes I do oatmeal or a sprouted grain English muffin).


I've also tried to start using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone. If you've never used it, I highly recommend checking it out. It helps keep track of calories and sort of holds you accountable for what you're eating at breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Speaking of which, my biggest problem has been making sure I eat snacks throughout the day (and I'm talking healthy snacks like fruit or nuts...not nachos or quesadillas when I get home at 3 in the morning from work). I'm really digging the Slim-Fast Peanut Butter crunch bars right now... they're sort of like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup but good for you and only 100 calories. Simple is best...especially when you're trying to lose weight!

What about you guys? Any of my readers out there trying to lose weight? Tell me your most embarrassing weight-related story! (Ever had to ask a 19-year-old dressing room clerk for a larger size? Ever looped a rubberband through your jeans because you couldn't zip them? Ever had control top garments cut off the oxygen to your legs? You get the idea...) If so, please leave a comment below and tell me the craziest reason you've had for trying to lose weight and/or what you're doing to accomplish your goals. Entries will be pooled between participating blogs and two lucky winners will be picked randomly to win a $1,000 SpaFinder gift card! Because...when you're working hard to drop the lbs, you deserve a little pampering!

In the meantime, I'll try to post more healthy meals and recipe ideas here on the blog and let you know how it's going. Wish me luck!

Rules:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/13/13 – 6/30/13.
Be sure to visit the Slim-Fast brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!

Labels: , ,