But I'm proud to report that this particular version of egg nog gets the Jaymee Sire stamp of approval. It combines the classic taste of egg nog with whipped cream into an always-popular pudding shot. (So really, you can't go wrong).
If you've made pudding shots before, you know they are ridiculously easy. For these egg nog shots, just use store-bought nog in place of the milk and you're in business.
And whether you spike yours with brandy, rum or bourbon...I'm pretty certain you will adore this creative take on the tipsy classic. To get the step by step instructions, head on over to Brit + Co.
Egg nog will never be the same!
Egg Nog Pudding Shots
Keywords: pudding shot eggnog rum Cool Whip Christmas winter
Ingredients (12-14 shots)
- 3/4 cup cold egg nog
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup cream based liqueur (such as Caramel Bailey’s)
- 1/4 cup brandy, rum or bourbon
- 1 (8 ounce) tub extra creamy Cool Whip, thawed in refrigerator
- sprinkle of nutmeg (freshly grated is best!)
- Using an electric mixer, combine cold egg nog with instant pudding mix, and slowly add both alcohols until fully incorporated and lumps are gone (about 2 minutes). (Remember...because of the alcohol, mixture will be slightly "runnier" than normal pudding).
- Gently *fold* in Cool Whip (don’t whisk, and avoid over-stirring) until everything is smooth and mixed together. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. (Freezer for a soft-serve effect, fridge for more of a pudding consistency).
- Spoon pudding into shot glasses and top with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
Powered by Recipage